Libby Ulm • February 2023 • event planner insurance, commercial general liability coverage, mpep

Event planner insurance

SIA's newest insurance program covers groups of select performers, as well as businesses that fall under categories of Music, Photos, and Event Planners (MPEP). Insurance for an event planner isn't for someone putting on an event, but rather someone who is booking talent/groups/individuals for events. Event producers run events. Event planners and booking managers hire for events. We insure event planners/booking managers, but not event producers under MPEP. This program provides event planner

Libby Ulm • January 2023 • inland marine coverage, insurance rider, 100% coinsurance clause

The 100% coinsurance clause

It's no secret that insurance policies are filled with clauses, provisions, and exclusions, which is why we always recommend reading your insurance policy closely and coming to us with any questions. We do our best to highlight what exactly is covered on our Performer and Vendor webpages, but if you ever have any doubt about your coverages, just ask! 

One clause we wanted to discuss in detail is the 100% coinsurance clause on the Inland Marine (business personal property) rider in the

Libby Ulm • December 2022 • commercial general liability coverage, performer insurance, professional performer, vendor insurance, food truck insurance

Why do I need an insurance policy?

Maybe you've been in the industry for many years, maybe this is all new to you, but you may find yourself asking...Why insurance? Why now? Maybe you're even asking yourself "What is a Commercial General Liability policy?"

In the past few years across the industry, we've experienced more and more events/venues cracking down on insurance requirements to help better protect themselves from certain liabilities. This is where a Commercial General Liability (CGL) policy comes into play! The

Libby Ulm • November 2022 • cyber liability, commercial general liability coverage, vendor insurance, business insurance

The importance of Cyber Liability coverage

Unfortunately, with the trend of integrating business and the Internet continually rising, the more prone you may become to being involved with a data breach. A data breach is when a customer's data that's stored, such as contact information or credit card details, is stolen or taken from a system without the knowledge of the system's owner. No matter how many protocols are put into place regarding cybersecurity, unauthorized use of stored data is a problem, and your business can be held

Libby Ulm • October 2022 • performer insurance, vendor insurance, commercial general liability coverage, additional insured

The dos and don'ts of certificate requests

Stuck with a pesky certificate request? Not sure where to start? Look no further, we're here to help! Below you will find step-by-step instructions and tips to guide you through submitting an approved event/venue which does not need any changes, an approved event that needs changes made, and how to create a new/unapproved certificate for an event/venue. 

Pro tip: After a certificate is submitted, you can't go back into the request to make a change. However, if you need to make a change, we

accredited bussiness