This insurance program has been designed for the individual U.S. based performer who is a sole proprietor/independent contractor; that is entertaining the public. The policy provides protection against bodily injury to a spectator or property damage to performing premises.
You must have a U.S. mailing address to be eligible for consideration of coverage under this policy and the premium must be in U.S. dollars. This is NOT group coverage, meaning that this policy will only cover you and your performance. It does not provide coverage to others that work with you.
PERFORMERS RENEWING COVERAGE
Approximately six weeks prior to your expiration we will mail you an invoice. The information on the invoice is produced from the file that we have created for you, from the information that you have provided. Please review the invoice for any information that has changed and advise us as to what has changed. You can write your changes on the invoice and mail it to us or call into the office and we will make the changes over the phone. To renew your coverage you can mail in the invoice with your check or money order or you can pay online with your credit or debit card. You will be emailed your user name and password to allow you to pay your premium online about five weeks prior to your expiration. There is a $15 service fee for paying with a card. You can avoid this fee by mailing the invoice back with your check or money order. The link below is the annual newsletter that you will receive.
Operations Not Eligible
These exposures/activities listed are not covered by this program and any resulting claims will be denied: Hypnotists, rappers, rigging, instruction to others for aerial/fire/dance, zip line stunts, grandstands, fireworks, pyrotechnic devices, your business, your business employees or subcontractors, trackless trains, moonwalks, and jump houses or other amusement rides and attractions. Using animals, mammals, fowl in your performance is not allowed. Magicians are approved to use a rabbit and/or dove during their performance.
Coverage underwritten by Evanston Insurance Company; a carrier rated A (excellent)
- The limits of coverage are per membership and not shared.
- Your coverage starts: when your application is approved; on the date you select; on your renewal date; or date your renewal was processed and goes for one year.
Coverage provided under this program includes
Commercial General Liability with additional insured endorsement, Waiver of Subrogation, Primary Non-Contributory Endorsement – coverage that protects the insured against liability claims for bodily injury and property damage arising out of their operations.
Legal Liability to Audience Participants – coverage that offers protection against bodily injury liability claims brought by persons participating in covered activities.
Medical Payment for Audience Participants – coverage that pays the medical and dental expenses incurred by a participant when an accidental injury occurs while participating in your covered activities. The coverage is provided on a primary basis.
Coverage limits per membership are as follows:
|Commercial General Liability Coverage||Option 1 Limits||Option 2 Limits|
|Products-Completed Operations Aggregate||$2,000,000||$3,000,000|
|Personal and Advertising Injury||$1,000,000||$3,000,000|
|Damage to Rental Premises (Fire Legal Liability)||$300,000||$300,000|
|Single Event / Show (10 days or less)|
- In order to qualify for this commercial general liability policy, performers must have a U.S. mailing address.
***Optional Coverage: Business Personal Property - Inland Marine
Inland Marine will cover your business personal property (equipment and costumes) and goods while stored, in transit to a show or while at a show for damage or if stolen. This option is available per policy period. You can add at any time but the coverage will end on your general liability policy expiration date.
|Business Personal Property - Inland Marine||Option 1 Limits||Option 2 Limits|
|Deductible for Covered Losses||$250.00||$250.00|
|Deductible for Theft Losses||$500.00||$500.00|
***Optional Coverage: Entertainer Assistant
The duties of the entertainer’s assistant(s) can be as follows:
Works with the insured for set-up and tear down, helps with the planning and organization of a show or booking, works with contracts, coordinates permits and requesting additional insured certificates, handles prop changes during the show, assists with crowd control, is a staged spectator that is called upon to assist with an act, acts as a safety coordinator. This option is available per policy period. You can add at any time but the coverage will end on your general liability policy expiration date. You can use different assistants.
Key to this coverage: An assistant is low risk personnel that would not stop the show from going on if they were not there.
***Optional Coverage: Sexual Abuse and Molestation (SAM)
Sexual abuse, also referred to as molestation, is abusive sexual behavior by one person upon another. It is often perpetrated using force or by taking advantage of another. When force is immediate, of short duration, or infrequent, it is called sexual assault. The offender is referred to as a sexual abuser or molester. The term also covers any behavior by an adult or older adolescent towards a child to stimulate any of the involved sexually. The use of a child, or other individuals younger than the age of consent, for sexual stimulation is referred to as child sexual abuse or statutory rape.
Many schools in California and Illinois require that you carry Sexual Abuse and Molestation (SAM) coverage in addition to your general liability coverage before they permit you on the school grounds. We offer two different coverage limits.
|Sexual Abuse or Molestation (SAM)||Option 1 Limits||**Option 2 Limits**|
- Option 1: Valid in all 50 States, Canada and U.S. owned territories
- Option 2: **Only valid in the School Districts of California and Illinois**
This coverage follows your general liability dates and cannot be prorated. If you currently have an active policy and are interested in adding this coverage, you can give the office a call and pay with a credit/debit card or you can mail a check.
We offer a two month Santa policy that will cover Santa plus one additional person for the time period of November 1 to December 31. The additional person can be Mrs. Clause, a costume character such as an elf, or someone taking photos. To purchase the Santa policy for the two months of coverage you can complete the performer application and check the Santa box in Group 1. Both limits of coverage options are available.
Things To Know:
- Coverage under the association's Master Policy.
- Certificates of Insurance are sent out from the Master Policy.
- There is no charge for certificates naming the venue where you are working as an additional insured.
- Policy provides coverage throughout the United States, Canada, and the United States owned islands of St. Thomas, St. John, St. Croix, Puerto Rico, Guam.
- Audience participation is NOT ALLOWED when performing with fire, knives or a bullwhip.
- To purchase insurance you will need to mail in a signed application with your check or money order or complete the online application and pay online with your credit or debit card. We only accept applications with a U.S. mailing address. We only accept checks in U.S. dollars. Canadian checks are not accepted.
- To overnight go through FedEx or UPS. Note that Express Mail through the post office is handled as a Priority for us because we are not close to a big city, we receive Express Mail in two to three business days (same as Priority).
The deductible is zero for bodily injury or property damage to others.
Exception: If you are renting someone’s property and it is damage or if you are holding someone’s property such as a camera or microphone and drop it, there is a $5,000 deductible.
Additional Insured Requests:
- There is no charge for additional insured certificates. We do require that you submit your requests in writing
- If you request through our website using the online certificate request we will email you back a copy for your records and fax or email wherever else you want your certificate to go.
To request on-line go to:
Select Performer Certificate Request from the Quick Links section on the left side of the home page. Fill in all the blanks and hit the Email Form button at the bottom of page.
- If you send your request by fax we will fax your certificate to the fax number(s) you provide. Send fax requests to 715-246-4257.
- If you submit your request through the mail we will mail your certificate back to you and will fax to any numbers provided.
Additional insured requests are processed in 2 to 5 business days based on your event date. Please submit your requests at least two weeks prior to your event to allow time for changes to your certificate according to your contract.
- Coverage is provided by Evanston Insurance Company, a carrier rated A (excellent)
- Deductible: Zero
The policy is non-refundable once coverage begins.