Performer and Vendor Blog Image

Specialty Insurance Agency Blog

Putting a little MPEP in our step!

Photo by: Lucas Allmann

Specialty Insurance Agency is now servicing a new program for Music, Photography, and Event Planners (MPEP). MPEP provides Commercial General Liability policies, Professional Liability (photographers and videographers only), and Inland Marine coverage (covers your business personal property while in storage, in transit, or at a show). Eligible groups that qualify for this new program include:

  • Disc Jockeys
  • Bands / Musicians / Singers
  • Photographers
  • Videographers
  • Event / Wedding planners
  • Officiants
  • Inflatable movie screens
  • Select groups of entertainers of two or more of the following:
    • Airbrush and glitter tattoo artists
    • Authors
    • Balloon twisters
    • Caricature artists
    • Children's entertainers
    • Clowns
    • Costume characters
    • Dancers
    • Emcees
    • Face and body painters
    • Henna / Jageu design artists
    • Hula hoop performers
    • Human statues
    • Jugglers
    • Mermaids
    • Mimes
    • Pirates
    • Public speakers
    • Puppeteers
    • Santas
    • Storytellers
    • Ventriloquists

The MPEP policy differs from our performer policy because it covers the business as a whole instead of just yourself. For example, if you have a band, and your drummer's drumstick flies into the crowd and pokes someone in the eye, under the MPEP policy that could be eligible for a covered claim. However, under the individual performer policy, if the drummer is not the named insured on the policy, the claim would be denied (unless all members of the band held an individual performer policy with us). 

Not sure which policy is the best fit for you? Check out our comparison chart here! Sole proprietors in the groups listed above should check out our Performer Insurance program.

Performer Insurance
business insurance
commercial general liability coverage
professional liability
inland marine coverage
professional performer
importance of insurance


Performer Insurance
commercial general liability coverage
professional performer
vendor insurance
food truck insurance
Additional Insured
importance of insurance
insurance fraud
business insurance
professional liability
inland marine coverage
frequently asked questions
Cyber Liability
insurance rider
100% coinsurance clause

Office Hours


Monday - Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. central time

The main office is closed Friday - Sunday.

Limited online services are available when the main office is closed.


Holiday Hours:

Closed New Year’s Day
Closed Memorial Day
Closed Independence Day
Closed Labor Day
Closed Thanksgiving
Closed Christmas Eve
Closed Christmas Day


Contact Us


Specialty Insurance Agency
3432 Denmark Ave #231
Eagan, MN 55123

Ph: 715-246-8908 (leave a message if no one answers and we'll call you back ASAP)

Fax: 715-246-8908


Follow Us

Specialty Insurance Agency - LinkedIn Profile


Privacy Policy 

Cookie Policy